Who is Regina Kempster?
Great Question! I have come to believe that I am an Educational Entrepreneur. Now you are wondering, What is an Educational
Entrepreneur?! I believe it is someone who has a passion for learning, for gaining new skills and for assisting others with this knowledge to help them
achieve their goals; whatever they may be.
And in honor for my love of organizing I attempt to develop a plan that promotes efficiency.
What is your background?
I am sure you are wondering what qualifies me to make the above statement. Click here for a little history about me:
- Upbringing: I am a member of a large family with loving parents who always stressed the importance for a quality education. It was acceptable to test many subjects until I found a passion. It was also acceptable to take new ventures as they presented themselves to me throughout my life.
- Education: Graduated Marist College with a BA in Fine Art and a Minor in Advertising. Since then I continue to educate myself so I can master the task at hand in an upmost professional way.
- Work Experience: Many years in retail while getting my education and looking for that grown-up job, which was at North fork Bank. I know what you are thinking, I went into banking after going to college for art and advertising. Then I thought I retired to have a family, but the independent entrepreneur person that I am could not let that happen. I started off with volunteering, then opened a professional organizing business called Organized Life LLC. And then I added another business called Social Media Ease, which
teaches others how to use Social Media within their marketing plan.
- Volunteering: I was sure to take ventures that I could continue to grow my skills, and I found this to be a perfect venue to do it. I have published newsletters, built websites, created ads, created props, been a treasurer, a secretary, a committee chair, membership coordinator and achievement coordinator. I think that is it. Many of these positions/tasks required for me to learn software. I attempted to do all tasks in an efficient manor and many times left guides to assist the next in line for the position.
- Organizing: My parents transposed the skills they learned from their parents. We learned that everything must have a home and be placed in an orderly way. One lesson my Depression Era Grandparents did not teach was how to purge items you did not need. In their eyes everything had a current or future purpose. I had learned this important step
when I moved from my first house to my second. I was coming from a small ranch which was about 1100sq feet. The movers took the entire day to unload my house and the tractor trailer was not big enough. After the second truck left, my father-in-law took two trailer loads to my new home. Now that is
a lot of stuff. I like to share this story, because it demonstrates that this is a learned skill and that I the Professional Organizer was part of the whole process.
- Social Media: While working on promoting my own business I educated myself on the wonderful world of Social Media. As I worked with business clients I began to share my knowledge and help them implement their profiles. Soon the advertising needs of all business owners changed and they were seeking more of my assistance. I feel that this business is a
culmination of all my skills.
How have you assisted others?
Within Organizing I have assisted a variety of individuals create a new space that is efficient and a space they can fully enjoy. Click here for examples:
- Repurpose a spare room to accept sleepovers by grandchildren
- Clear out years of treasures to prepare for downsizing
- Redesign a Living Room after it was piled high during renovations
- Take a cluttered catch-all room and repurpose it as an Office
- Transform an under-utilized basement into a fully functional Craft Room
In regards to Social Media I have assisted Business Owners and Professionals be prepared for marketing with today's standards. Click here for examples:
- Developed a custom social media strategy
- Shared marketing guides for use with each social media platform
- Created a social media handbook custom to each business and their strategy
- Implemented company and personal profiles to ease time
constraints in getting started
- Branded the company image across multiple social media platforms
- Presented training classes to large and small audiences
- Share pertinent social media news daily on creating a complete social media marketing strategy
- Offer consulting services to those businesses that are unable to carve out dedicated time to perform social media tasks
What is your Mission?
Life has become extremely busy, which in turn creates all kinds of chaos. My position is to assist business owners and individuals in reclaiming their lives by helping them to become more efficient. And with efficiency comes the opportunity to have available time to spend with family and on much needed personal downtime.
Specialties: Social Media, Space Planning and Reorganization, Improved Management of Paper and Electronic Files, Home Staging, Downsizing, Estate Organizing, Administrative Assistance, Time Management